– Recommended textbook for the subject: Weiss, J., Business Ethics: A Stakeholder and Issues Management Approach, 6th edition (CHAPTER 7)
– Answer the following essay questions:
1. What are some changes that have occurred as a result of the Civil Rights Act of 1991?
2. What does the term legal and moral entitlement mean to you as an employee or future employee? Give an example. Do you agree that employees have legal and moral entitlements in the workplace? Explain.
3. Select an employee right in the workplace from the module. Give an example, based on your own outside reading or experience, of a situation involving this right. Was it violated? How? What was the outcome? What should the outcome have been? Why? Explain.
4. Think of three people you know from the different generations discussed in the module. Of these people, who is and is not satisﬁed with their work and jobs? Explain why they are or are not satisﬁed. Refer back to the generational differences and values in the chapter. To what extent did “generational differences” contribute in your analysis of the individuals’ work satisfaction? To what extent did “ethical reasons” affect their work satisfaction? Explain.
5. Do you believe dating should be permitted among employees? Do you think formal policies setting boundaries will keep this from happening? Why or why not?