Assignment Details (300 words, and references)
Collaboration leverages the collective knowledge of a health care team. Peer evaluation and support, provided in the spirit of continuous improvement and organizational success, result in higher quality deliverables than generally possible by the efforts of an individual.
- Describe the process that you plan to use to conduct research, identify findings, and develop the Comprehensive Project that is due in Unit 5.
- Present a brief outline indicating how you intend to organize the project deliverable.
- Review the processes and outlines of other students, providing objective feedback that will help strengthen the effectiveness of their efforts and the quality of the finished product.
- Use this as a reference: Comprehensive Project Unit 5:
Write a research paper concerning this scenario: You have been charged with the development of a Crisis Management Plan for the real or hypothetical health care organization that you chose earlier in this course.
Your research should be based on the following criteria:
- Select a real or hypothetical crisis, such as a natural disaster (hurricane, tornado, flooding, or earthquake), a catastrophic building failure, or an act of terrorism.
- Discuss resource management based on ethical approaches used during crisis management.
- Consider issues such as patient triage or current as well as incoming patients, supply, and personnel availability.
- Discuss and develop an authoritative chain of command for crisis management.
- Include such responsibilities as Incident Commander, Communications Officer, and other members of the chain of command for the incident.
- Discuss the importance and implementation of community communication, involvement, and coordination.
- Discuss the necessary policies for personnel management and safety.
- Include provisions for lock-down status and family communication abilities.
- Outline the steps for supply chain management, both for personnel and the supplies needed to provide care.