For your degree thesis, there are different types of writing an essay: the most common and effective ways are four:
- Verification essay
- Descriptive essay
- Narrative essay
- Essay of reasoning
Let’s analyze them closely:
The test of verification essay
Let’s start with the verification essay, useful for the evaluation and argumentation of the idea of your thesis.
Usually, these are essays consisting of at least five paragraphs divided as follows:
- First paragraph dedicated to the introduction
- From the second to the fourth the process and the focus of the thesis
- The fifth and last paragraph is devoted to conclusions
Each paragraph in the body of the text should include evidence to support the claims. If you share too many ideas per paragraph, you can confuse what you have to say.
Nothing difficult as you can see. It is a very common typology and used in schools because it stimulates students to think carefully and evaluate all aspects of the essay by comparison.
No difficulties in the subdivision. Try following this pattern:
- The essays have a beginning, a middle, and an end
- Then: beginning (1 paragraph), middle part or focus (2,3,4 paragraph), conclusion (5 paragraph)
- It is essential to focus on the purpose of your thesis in the introduction, expand it in the discussion and summarize it in the final part of the text.
The descriptive essay
Let’s now analyze the descriptive essay, the one most used and preferred by those who want to give a touch of personality to their final paper. Compared to the verification essay, in fact, the descriptive invites to creative writing because it has no fixed rules even if, it is good to know, there are some guidelines to consider to make the paper orderly and effective.
- If you have the idea of your topic in your head, start writing down everything starting from the characteristics, attributes, and individual details.
- Never lose sight of the focus of your degree thesis
- Allocate space and considerations for the final part
- Collect sentences and words that facilitate the description
- Don’t be stingy with details, use the details, get deeper
- Always keep the line of what you produce, keep your essay organized
- Do not forget that you are preparing your degree thesis, therefore, do not lose sight of the most important element, the one that must distinguish everything: professionalism
The narrative essay
Now let’s analyze together how to write a narrative essay . As you may have guessed, this is the telling of a story, therefore, this typology is especially suitable for certain theses, perhaps the monographic ones usually dealt with in the humanities or law. We distinguish two types, short stories and book accounts. If you follow our advice when writing narrative essays, there should be no problem. If you are writing your report in the form of a story, it is important that all relevant details, such as the characters, the location, or the story itself, have a place. If you’re writing about a particular book, try to be informative and don’t retell the story. Pick a look and stick with it so your writing will be more logical.
The essay of reasoning
We are almost there, let’s now analyze the last typology: the essay of reasoning. To do this well, work must be done on three key aspects:
Collect and justify the argument, arguments and evaluate the evidence.
The style and form of the argumentative essay are similar to the justification essay. The argumentative essay must also include an opinion, aspects of the evidence, and, of course, the argument.
The five-point structure is also a great choice here if you want to be sure
Finally, let’s consider one last aspect.
The types vary according to the course of study and, above all, to the professional field:
- For a short essay in the technical-scientific field :
Argue the thesis starting from texts and sources that deal with scientific issues, discoveries of the sector, technology, technique. This type of paper has the purpose of explaining or solving the topic. Avoid statements that are not truthful and stick to technical notions but, as always, original and in-depth.
- For a short essay in the historical-political field :
Develop the thesis by analyzing historical events or political issues. Always make a distinction between the contemporary sources of the event being talked about and the various interpretations of the event itself.
- For a short essay in the artistic-literary field :
Ideal for monographs by artists or writers. Do not limit yourself to too scientific and technical arguments, always evaluate the freedom of expression, comparisons, and the point of view of the writer.
- For a short socio-economic essay :
The apparent simplicity of the theme, often closely linked to current events, must not however be misleading: the point of view to be adopted must be chosen with care and the approach must always be fresh and personal.
If you still need help with writing your thesis, contact us for advice. We are available every day of the week! Ask for online essay writing help.